PREV SÁBADO MAR 19 NEXT
Tibetan Month 1 Day 15
15th Of Tibetan Month; Good For Practice.
Day of Miracles
Karmic results are multiplied one hundred million times, as cited by Lama Zopa Rinpoche in the Vinaya text Treasure of Quotations and Logic.
• Days 1–15 of Month 1: Lord Buddha performed many miracles; the 15th is Day of Miracles.
• Day 7 of Month 4: Lord Buddha’s conception (or, according to Geshe Dakpa and other sources, Buddha’s birth).
• Day 15 of Month 4: Lord Buddha’s birth, enlightenment and parinirvana (or, according to Geshe Dakpa and other sources, only the latter two).
• Day 4 of Month 6: Lord Buddha’s first teaching.
• Day 15 of Month 6: Alternative day for Lord Buddha’s conception.
• Day 15 of Month 9: Lord Buddha’s acceptance to descend from God Realm of Thirty-three.
• Day 22 of Month 9: Lord Buddha’s actual descent from God Realm of Thirty-three.
Unfavorable Day (Earth-Fire) - UD-EF
Inauspicious. Earth-fire combination can cause suffering, risk of burns, disputes. Not good for medical procedures or starting activities.
No Medical Procedures - NMP
Days 4, 8, 11, 15, 18, 22, 25, 29 of every Tibetan month.
Eight Mahayana Precepts
Rinpoche recommends taking these 24-hour vows on days on which the karmic effects of positive actions are multiplied:
• Buddha days
• Days 8, 15 (full moon) and 30 (new moon) of every Tibetan month
Prayers and Practices - PP
Good for spiritual practice; many days in every month.
Sojong: Monastics’ Confession Days
In general, Sojong falls on the fifteenth day from the previous Sojong, except for every fourth Sojong, which falls on the fourteenth day. However, according to Geshe Dakpa, sometimes this pattern changes at the beginning and end of the lunar year.
Many days every month are good for fire pujas, required for those who have completed certain tantric retreats. Doing them “on the wrong days can cause sickness and obstacles,” according to Rinpoche.
Medicine Buddha Puja
8th or 15th of every Tibetan month; recommended by Rinpoche.